Forum Middle Sweden is a part of Clinical Studies Sweden, a collaboration between Sweden’s six healthcare regions, funded and supported by the Swedish Research Council. The collaboration aims to support, simplify and develop the work of clinical studies in Sweden. The six healthcare regions take part in the collaboration via a so called regional node that collaborate at a national level. Forum Mellansverige also have local nodes in the county councils of Uppsala, Örebro, Gävleborg, Sörmland, Västmanland, Dalarna and Värmland and also work closely with regional biobanks, cancer centers and quality registries.
The local node network
The local nodes are supported by funding from the Regional Research Council with a local coordinator in each county council. The local nodes are the operational part of Forum Mellansverige and give support in a number of areas, including:
- advice and support for clinical studies, from idea to archiving - such as study protocols, permit applications, data management and statistics
- infrastructure support for conducting clinical studies
- support to companies and researchers in study requests (see page on feasibility)
- training within clinical research methodology - such as GCP and statistics
- contact with local expertise and resources - such as research units and biobanks
The local nodes coordinates several networks for research nurses, clinical investigators and others and Forum Mellansverige also run networks for biostatisticians and lawyers.